Health & Safety: 2021 TRA Marketplace
Health & Safety: COVID-19
Latest Update: May 27, 2021
For many, the 2021 TRA Marketplace will be the first in-person event they attend since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team is very closely monitoring all new health and safety guidance and recommendations and will update our policies and procedures as new best practices become available.
We are excited to host the 2021 TRA Marketplace Expo at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, July 11- 12, with a special pre-conference workshop day on July 10. The venue is walkable with our two headquarters hotels conveniently located adjacent to the convention center, alleviating the need for local transportation.
The Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center’s number one priority is the health and safety of guests, employees, and partners. The Center has taken proactive measures in response to this rapidly evolving situation and continually monitor information from various resources. Current guidelines encompass information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Texas Governor’s Office, City of San Antonio Health Department, and International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM).
The Convention Center is proud to have received the Global BioRisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Accreditation. GBAC is a division of International Supply and Sanitary Association (ISSA), the worldwide cleaning association. This accreditation program assesses cleaning and disinfection practices and infectious-disease prevention. GBAC is currently the industry’s only accreditation for outbreak prevention, response and recovery establishing requirements to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as the virus that causes COVID-19.
To encourage a safe and successful show, we are providing the following resources and highlighting some of the COVID-19 protocols that you can expect to see on site:
- We will require everyone to wear face coverings.
- Enhanced physical cleaning will be a priority with frequent sanitizing of high-traffic areas throughout the show floor and common areas, including doorways, door handles, elevators, and escalators.
- We will require social distancing, promote frequent hand washing, install sanitizing stations throughout the show, and provide hand sanitizer to everyone in attendance.
- Education sessions will embrace smart, socially-distanced seating.
- Exhibitors are required to follow all safe food handling and distribution policies as defined by the San Antonio Metro Health Department Food & Environmental Division.